Road Dust Control
Bozeman Road Dust Control controls dust, reduces potholes, washboards and cuts cost of cleaning vehicles, equipment, property, vegetation, and living areas.
Dust is a problem with all gravel roads. The dust on these roads can be detrimental to businesses and homes alike, reducing visibility while driving, causing health problems and the frustration that comes when your home, lawn and vehicles are constantly covered in dust. Studies show that approximately one ton of aggregate per mile is lost each year for every vehicle that passes over a road daily. The retention of this aggregate is just one of the many added benefits to dust control.
Road Dust Control using Magnesium Chloride
Magnesium chloride is the preferred product for dust control, soil stabilization and wind erosion problems. When applied to roads and bare soil areas, it immediately provides tangible benefits including:
- Cleaner air, which leads to better health. Fugitive dust can cause health problems in the young, elderly, and those with respiratory conditions.
- Greater safety through improved road conditions, including increased driver visibility and decreased risks caused by loose gravel, soft spots, road roughness and flying rocks.
- Stable soil, preventing destructive wind erosion. It reduces foreign sediment in nearby surface waters (dust that settles in creeks and streams), helps prevent stunted crop growth caused by clogged pores in plants, and keeps vehicles and property cleaner.
How Does Liquid Magnesium Chloride Work?
Bozeman Road Dust Control uses an environmentally-friendly Magnesium Chloride-based liquid mixture that attracts moisture to the road surface and resists evaporation. This creates a compact, smooth road surface that is free of dust.
A single application of liquid magnesium chloride lasts for months, and will rid you of the problems associated with:
- Dust contamination to nearby crops
- PM 10 pollution
- Clogged filters, bearings, and other vehicle machinery
- Injury from flying stones and loose gravel
- Impaired vision due to kicked-up dust
- Breathing and allergy problems
One application normally lasts the season. No more costs associated with watering or blading the ground, or replacing gravel!
Video of Bozeman Road Dust Control applying magnesium chloride.
Reduction of Construction Dust
Construction sites constantly receive complaints about dust pollution, contamination, and respiratory aggravation. Not anymore after a Bozeman Road Dust Control treatment!
Where Does MgCl2 Come From?
MgCl2 is a liquid compound produced from naturally-occurring minerals in the Great Salt Lake.
How Does Liquid Dust Control Lower My Costs?
- It reduces the need for blading, watering, and gravel replacement
- Reduces vehicle maintenance costs by lowering the levels of dust that clogs filters, bearings, and machinery
- Provides a smooth, firm driving surface which increases productivity, decreases fuel consumption, and saves time
- Prevents costly soil erosion caused by destructive wind conditions
- Reduced the cost of cleaning vehicles, equipment, property, vegetation, and living sites
- Reduces replacement expenses of windshields by controlling gravel spray in business yard locations
How Does It Improve Safety?
- Improves visibility, reducing the chance of accidents
- Reduces chance of injury from flying stones and loose gravel around a work site
- Provides cleaner air, cleaner vehicles, and cleaner homes
- Promotes better health and fewer complaints
Who uses Magnesium Chloride Liquid Dust Control?
With the cost of maintaining gravel or dirt roads and air pollution concerns, many Federal, State, County, City agencies, along with private Industries have been forced to look for alternative means. Rodeo arenas, baseball fields, parks, construction sites, and gravel or dirt roads are also prime candidates for Bozeman Road Dust Control.
For more information please refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact us today to find out how we can save you time and money!